We're hiring! Come work with us
Full-time Jewellery Associate
We are a busy, full-service jewellery store in the heart of Oak Bay Village in Victoria, BC. We offer on-site custom jewellery design, restoration and repair, watch repair, engraving and appraisals as well as our extensive collection of beautiful, high-quality jewellery for sale.
We are looking for a person to work 4-5 days/week. The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, strong ability with computers and previous experience in the jewellery industry. Jewellery Design experience would be an asset. Please detail any related experience or training involving retail sales and/or jewellery repair or design. A bright and friendly personality with a mature outlook on life and a motivation to succeed are definite assets. We are looking for people who want long-term employment in this interesting field and who are interested in learning and progressing in their career. Ability to work productively within a team is an important quality. A brief overview of duties is outlined below:
- Assist customers with intake of jewellery for repair and accurately record descriptions and work needed.
- If and when appropriate, meet with clients to discuss their ideas for jewellery design, produce sketches or computer renderings for collaboration.
- Promote sales by assisting customers and offering suggestions.
- Communicate professionally in person and by phone.
- Provide prompt and courteous service to all customers.
- Utilize product knowledge to promote sales.
- Help to ensure store appearance is clean and presentable at all times.
- Enter POS transactions accurately.
- Stay informed of store policies, procedures, and promotions.
What we offer:
- Attractive starting salary with potential for increase (no commission structure).
- No late nights, hours are 9:15-5:15.
- Village atmosphere with loyal and local clientele.
- Employment with a local, established (30 years going strong!) small business who has a vested interest in valuing their excellent employees.
Please direct your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.